Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall TV Part II - Tuesdays

Finally. I'm sorry it took over 2 weeks to get to Tuesdays, but here it is.

I talked a lot crap about Mondays, but Tuesdays are looking far worse... unless you enjoy horrible reality programming. However, there are a bunch of new shows that are airing on Tuesdays so maybe the night can be salvaged.

Of course, the schedule is courtesy of The Futon Critic.

Tuesday (click the image to view the schedule)


Welp, lets start with ABC. Since it's obvious the sitcom is dead (arg), just like every other station, ABC is running with three one hour shows and 2 of them are reality based. At 8, they are rolling out a new game show, Opportunity Knocks. I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually intrigued by this show and will probably check it out. Basically a game show comes to a family's house, instead of visa versa, and are asked personal questions about each other for cash. Unfortunately, the show looks very clean and very "Middle America". Might not be a bad show to watch with your mom though.

Dancing with the Stars at 9, followed by Eli Stone in a new time slot at 10. I've never given Stone a fair chance since it's after-LOST premiere. ABC needs to do a better job selling the show cause it suffers from a complete lack of buzz.

CBS is going w/ their standard fare at 8 and 10, with NCIS and Without a Trace. In between, they are premiering a new show called The Mentalist. In the show's description, I saw the phrases: "notorious for his blatant lack of protocol" and "no-nonsense Senior Agent Teresa Lisbon" so I'm probably not making this generic crime drama a weekly watch.

NBC just gave up Tuesdays (I guess there was too much competition?) and is airing 2 hours of he Biggest Loser: Families. Fat family programming? Naw, I'm good. They follow that up with new episodes of Law and Order: SVU which I'm sure I'll enjoy on cable at my grandmother's house or when I have company and no one can agree on what to watch.

Fox is going with House on Tuesdays at 8 followed by the new JJ Abrams (the guy behind LOST) project: Fringe. It apparently already premiered, but if I have some time I'll check out an episode.

CW is premiering the new 90210 and some other crappy looking show (in my opinion) called Privileged.

Cable TV has apparently been reduced to celebrity reality shows: Keyshia Cole, celeb stylist Rachel Zoe, Pamela Anderson, Diddy, Paris Hilton, Fonzworth Bentley, and Janice Dickinson all have shows airing on Tuesdays. Oh yeah, and the critically acclaimed The Shield is on at some point among all this tomfoolery.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment