Friday, August 10, 2007

Shirt Off vs. Shirt Unbuttoned to the Navel - Who Ya Wit? (c) Jay-Z

*Image courtesy of exclaim.ca

Main Event: Curtissssss "50 Cent" Jackson versus Kanye "To Tha" West
When: September 11, 2007
Where: Music retailers everywhere
Why: Because its hip-hop and for some reason hip-hop is confrontational

In true old-school WWF fashion, 50 Cent has declared he will stop releasing solo albums if Kanye sells more records than him on September 11th.

"Put it like this," 50 told SOHH. "Let's raise the stakes. If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out any more solo albums. [sohh.com]

Remember back in the day when wrestlers used to hype up main events like this? I think Macho Man had one against Ultimate Warrior, among others. But this just goes to show you that Vince McMahon is a marketing genius, whose ideas are still fresh 20-30 years later (sarcasm).

I might buy 2 copies of Kanye's album just to further the effort, mainly because I need 50 to focus on getting Buck's career back on track... and of course another Yayo album!

1 comment:

  1. I think both have passed their peaks in sales and popularity.

    I'll go with the Louie Vitton Don (worst self-given nickname ever).

    Kanye has a broader fan base at this point and Curtissss released 8 singles already that got nno spins.

    However, I am rooting for Kanye to lose just because he is the world's sorest loser.

    Did you see him lose on Hood Fab on MTV Jams?

    ReplyDelete